An exhaustive list of the great yoga books (and short descriptions of each) would make a book in itself (note to self). Still, here are a few of my favorite yoga books:
Patabhi Jois Yoga Mala
H David Colter Hatha Yoga Anatomy
BKS Iyengar Light on Yoga
Light on Life
Light on Pranayama
The Tree of Yoga
Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health
TKS Desikachar The Essence of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
Georg Feuerstein The Yoga Tradition
Patanjali The Yoga Sutras
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Eknath Easwaran The Upanishads
Krishna The Bhagavad Gita (many good interpretations and translations)
Baron Baptiste Forty Days to Personal Transformation
Leonard S Perlmutter The Heart and Science of Yoga
Bernie Clark Yinsights
Paul Grilley Yin Yoga
Timothy McCall, MD Yoga as Medicine
Deepak Chopra, MD The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga: A Practical Guide to Healing
Ramakrishna The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
Krishnamacharya Yoga Jalisaram
Gertrud Hirschi Mudras: Yoga in Your Hands
...and that's just the tip of the iceberg, off the top of my head. If i was at home by my library, I'd recognize a few old favorites I surely forgot!
AUM, Shanti, Shanti, Shantihiii
"...Let me unfold the voice of books which the wise honor"
-Euripides/Erectheus
Post Scriptum:
Please share your favorite books I might have missed in the comments. I'll read (and live) them all...Thanks beforehand : )
Patabhi Jois Yoga Mala
H David Colter Hatha Yoga Anatomy
BKS Iyengar Light on Yoga
Light on Life
Light on Pranayama
The Tree of Yoga
Yoga: The Path to Holistic Health
TKS Desikachar The Essence of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice
Georg Feuerstein The Yoga Tradition
Patanjali The Yoga Sutras
Hatha Yoga Pradipika
Eknath Easwaran The Upanishads
Krishna The Bhagavad Gita (many good interpretations and translations)
Baron Baptiste Forty Days to Personal Transformation
Leonard S Perlmutter The Heart and Science of Yoga
Bernie Clark Yinsights
Paul Grilley Yin Yoga
Timothy McCall, MD Yoga as Medicine
Deepak Chopra, MD The Seven Spiritual Laws of Yoga: A Practical Guide to Healing
Ramakrishna The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna
Krishnamacharya Yoga Jalisaram
Gertrud Hirschi Mudras: Yoga in Your Hands
...and that's just the tip of the iceberg, off the top of my head. If i was at home by my library, I'd recognize a few old favorites I surely forgot!
AUM, Shanti, Shanti, Shantihiii
"...Let me unfold the voice of books which the wise honor"
-Euripides/Erectheus
Post Scriptum:
Please share your favorite books I might have missed in the comments. I'll read (and live) them all...Thanks beforehand : )
No comments:
Post a Comment